German Equine Veterinary Association (GEVA)
The German Equine Veterinary Association (GEVA) / Gesellschaft für Pferdemedizin e.V. (GPM) was founded in the year 1991.
With over 800 members, GEVA is the most distinguished special interest group of German Equine Veterinarians.
It has adopted the following mission: Advancement of science and research in the field of Equine Medicine. Transfer of scientific insight into practice.
Services for our members
- Scientific communication between the members
- Consultation service by over 30 specialists
- Consulting on legal or forensic problems
- Literature research on scientific topics
- International exchange of veterinarians and students
- Up-to-date information through a regularly published newsletter
for public relations, scientific research, animal welfare and labour policy represent GEVA in all relevant aspects both outside and within the veterinary community.
SCIENTIFIC WORKING COMMITTEES
continuously review new laws and regulations, generate recommendations on current issues and promptly convert the results into usable information for the practicing veterinarian.
- Through its international connections, GEVA facilitates the exchange of veterinarians and students. Furthermore, it assists in the search for an assistant or trainee, and job openings respectively.
- Through GEVA publications and newsletters, members are kept informed on current topics and the activity of the various standing and working committees.
- GEVA represents the interests of its members in the political arena
GEVA Publications and Practical Guidelines
The German Equine Veterinary Association regularly generates new texts and other practical guidelines, which members can obtain free of charge from the GEVA office.
Currently available are:
- X-Ray Guideline 2007 (RöLF 07)
- X-Ray CD for RöLF 0
- Guidelines on Duty of Disclosure in Equine Medicine
- Remarks on the Use of Antibiotics in Horses
- Standard on Conducting Equine Anaesthesia in Veterinary Practice and Clinic
- Euthanasia of Equines
Bulletins for horse owners:
- Dental health
It is a CENTER OF INFORMATION for EQUINE MEDICINE
For the first time, GPMW/GEVA organizes - jointly with GVMS/DVG (German Veterinary Medical Society) - an international Equine Convention:
Nov 7 – 8, 2014
More information: www.GEVA-GVMS.org